Activities of Daily Living or ADLs is a term used by healthcare professionals to refer to the basic self-care tasks an individual does on a day-to-day basis. These activities are fundamental in caring for oneself and maintaining independence. Sometimes staying safe and comfortable at home may require supervised support to ensure your loved one is living safely at home. In these circumstances our experienced and compassionate in-home caregivers are able to provide the eyes on support necessary.
Activities of Daily Living
• The ability to walk and transfer in and out of a chair or bed
• Personal hygiene, oral care and grooming, including skin and hair care
• Showering and/or bathing
• Housekeeping, laundry and other home care chores
• Meal preparation
• Shopping for groceries and other necessities
• Medication management
Staying active and socially engaged is critical for seniors’ health and well-being. In fact, studies have shown that simple conversations are one of the best mental exercises we can practice in an effort to stay mentally sharp. As much as we enjoy spending time with our loved ones, most of us can’t be there as much as we’d like to provide that needed companionship. Cantata Home Services’ personal in-home care services extend well beyond the day-to-day activities of daily living.
• Talking, listening, and sharing experiences
• Playing games and cards
• Reading assistance
• Doing puzzles
• Escorting to and from check-ups, errands, social events, etc.
• Sorting and organizing mail
• Connecting with friends and family through social media (Skype, Facebook, etc.)