Providing Safe Home Care Support Services for Activities of Daily Living
Healthcare professionals refer to the basic self-care tasks an individual performs on a day-to-day basis as Activities of Daily Living, or ADLs. These ADLs are fundamental in caring for oneself and maintaining independence. Sometimes, staying safe and comfortable at home may require supervised support, such as with individuals who experience cognitive or mobility challenges. In these circumstances, our experienced and compassionate in-home caregivers in Riverside and nearby communities, are able to provide the eyes-on support necessary.
The Hourly Home Care service from Cantata is our way of offering this in-home supervisory care for our clients. With this approach, we help with a variety of tasks throughout the day, as well as provide regular supervision and interaction, ensuring our clients can continue living in their own homes safely and comfortably with highly customized home care services.
Activities of Daily Living
Our care team assists with a variety of activities, including:
- The ability to walk and transfer in and out of a chair or bed
- Personal hygiene, oral care and grooming, including skin and hair care
- Showering and/or bathing
- Housekeeping, laundry, and other home-care chores
- Meal preparation
- Shopping for groceries and other necessities
- Medication management
Stay Active and Socially Engaged
Staying active and socially engaged is critical for seniors’ health and well-being. In fact, studies have shown that simple conversations are one of the best mental exercises we can practice in an effort to stay mentally sharp. As much as we enjoy spending time with our loved ones, most of us can’t be there as much as we’d like to provide that needed companionship. Cantata Home Services’ personal home senior home care near Riverside and surrounding areas extends well beyond the typical Activities of Daily Living to help make each day enjoyable.
- Talking, listening, and sharing experiences
- Playing games and cards
- Reading assistance
- Doing puzzles
- Escorting to and from check-ups, errands, social events, etc.
- Sorting and organizing mail
- Connecting with friends and family through social media (Skype, Facebook, etc.)